Over the holidays, my family and I took refuge down in Todos Santos, Mexico, a small artist hideout on the Southern Baja Peninsula. This has become a sort of annual event now, one that I am extremely fortunate for and always looking forward to. A confluence of all things soulful, here are 13 reasons why this is one of the most special places on earth.
1) Mountain Vertical. Picacho de la Laguna. 6000ft of vert squeezed into 12miles. Rugged, remote, spectacular. 2hrs.42min to summit. Went a lot better than last time.
5) Art: Landscape, climate and community often produces impressive creative expression.6) Surf: Not my strongest activity, but always onboard to search for breaks. 7) Beaches: Las Palmas, one of my favorites. Where land gracefully embraces sea. 8) Heat: Even in January, mid-70′s. I’ll take it. En route to the Picacho. 9) Focus: Without distractions of city and job, one discovers great focus on daily activities.10) Music: Always learning new things from these music sessions.
11) Creative Solutions: Mexico is known for their resourcefulness. When in Rome…
12) Study: Ample time for reading, writing, contemplation. A revolutionary thought, indeed.
13) Sunsets: Paintbrush across sky to remind us all of Nature’s ephemeral beauty.