Here’s the teaser for “The Crossing” an incredible video project I’m currently directing and co-producing with Mike Hanich at E Media. Really happy with how it came out. Really good responses so far, and Kickstarter will be coming within the week. Stay tuned.
Excited and honored to announce that I’ll be heading back on tour this summer, this time with Death Cab for Cutie as they headline Boston Calling Festival and several other shows in New York and New Jersey. Much like my time with The Postal Service last summer, I’ll be Trail Coordinator (what?!) for the entire band and crew + assisting with production. Gonna be good, real good. In NY, MA, or NJ during May? I’d love to see you.
Had some fun with this one. Currently collaborating with Mexican editors to finalize a short documentary film (July 2013) about the 70-Mile Protest Run in Baja against open-pit mining in the Sierra de la Laguna Mountains. Here’s a teaser to snack on in the meantime. Only had a few of the clips to play with. Full media coverage list below, too. Disfruta.
Complete List: Digital Media Coverage (Mexican + US print articles not included):
- March 20 – Octavio Dia: “Atleta Correra en Defensa de Sierra la Laguna”
- March 20 – Peninsular Digital: “Correrá Triolo por la Sierra”
- March 25 - El Informador – “Ambientalistas protestan contra la minería tóxica”
- April 1 – Sentinel: “Gulf to the Pacific, Saving the Sierra.”
- April 2 – Calaveras Enterprise: “Ultrarunner Preps for Race.”
- April 3 – The Jasmine Dialogues, Scouting Trip: “Fox Tails + Orange Peels.“
- April 9 – Octavio Dia: “Race for Sierra Laguna a Peaceful Protest“
- April 17 – The Jasmine Dialogues: “A Day of Protest: In Photos”
- May 20 – The Jasmine Dialogues: “The Sleeping Indian.” (Full Story)
- May 22 – Vimeo: “Running for the Gold” Movie Trailer
- May 28 – Calaveras Enterprise: “The Power of Movement.”
- June 6 – Destellos de Saber: “El Indio Durmiente” (“Sleeping Indian” translated into Spanish)
In July 2012, two days after running the Western States 100 Mile Endurance Race, I whisked off to Turkey for two weeks to co-direct several videos for AFS. Last week, I put in my two weeks notice and am leaving my job of over 5 years at AFS and my life in Portland in pursuit of other adventures. Still, I feel so good about how this video came out, I thought I’d share. The work AFS does is undoubtedly transforming the world and this video and my experience in Turkey confirms its impact. Significant props to my good friends Dan and Erin at Goodeye Video for their video shooting and editing magic.
New Album October 4th, 2011. Be Ready.
Battles: Wall Street. I’m not sure what’s better, the tunes or the camera work.
Le Blogotheque – Take Away Show.