A last-minute opportunity to go to the “Valley Isle” of Maui for 8 days presented itself, so I bounded on it. Returned with some grand adventures in my pocket…
- Hitchhiking the road to Hana
- Surfing with giant sea turtles at Ho’okipa
- Synchronistic crossing with PDX friend Jesse Cox. Ran Haleakala Crater (10,000ft)
- Hand-rolling sushi with family and high school friends. Fish minutes fresh.
- Party with festive Argentineans in Haiku.
- Living in a tent under falling coconuts. Dreams thrashing wildly with the fronds.
- Paying homage to the grave of Native Hawaiian and visionary David Malo. Short but steep trail, 2,000ft climb, overlooking Lahaina.
All of this complemented by wrapping my head around French philosopher Pierre Teillard de Chardin’s The Phenomenon of Man. Complexification, the Omega Point, Cosmic Involution, the Noosphere. Whoa. Photos + Quotes.